Agnitio manager is now very popular particularly in Pharmaceutical Industry for presentations on iPad, as a developer I have to work with it.
While working on it, I found it is really hard to find some place where I can get the information about the framework (or a Agnitio Developer discussion/problems place). Here are some ‘things to remember’ while developing presentations for Agnitio Manager.
- Don’t use jQuery slide function for any sliding effect on the presentation, it conflict with Agnitio framework and will result in whole slide presentation. Use CSS3 animations instead. You can’t see problem while developing on computers, it will happen only on iPad.
- Don’t use display: none, big performance problem because Agnitio Manager put all the slides up together in dom, so adding/removing new element is killer for the application.
- Use classes for general modules etc. Dont use same ID attribute for anything in whole presentation. First it is not w3c validated , secondly it will effect the whole structure when performing something specific to that ID.
- Always test on iPad, dont trust on machines.
- User experience must be at its best because it is all about touch. Consider all interactions for single interact-able content.
- Always do a agressive testing, otherwise your presentation can be broken anytime (what if it is Horrible Client )